- Greetings by Kansas City Mayor Sly James, who was a Marine military police officer for four years in California, the Philippines and Japan during the Vietnam War.
- Entertainment by members of Arts & AGEing KC, who will present stories and poems from the pages of Veterans’ Voices
- Recognition of VVWP supporters and Veterans’ Voices
- A book table for guests who want to purchase Kerstetter’s Crossings: A Doctor-Soldier’s Story, books by Veterans’ Voices authors and other books by veterans, courtesy of Eve Brackenbury of Inklings Book & Coffee Shoppe in Blue Springs, Mo. Kerstetter, Clint Jarrett, Bruce McClain, K.W. Peery and Lou Eisenbrandt will be available to autograph their books.
Since 1946, VVWP, publishers of Veterans’ Voices magazine, has offered therapeutic writing to veterans in communities and in Veterans Administration health facilities across the United States with support from writing aides and writing groups. In 1952 the organization published the first issue of Veterans’ Voices magazine and continues to publish veterans’ stories and poems in three issues each year. The work of VVWP, a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is made possible by donations from foundations, military organizations and individuals, along with circulation assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Donations can be made online at www.veteransvoices.org or by mail at Veterans Voices Writing Project, 406 West 34th Street, Suite 103, Kansas City, MO 64111-3043.
Contact Information: Pris Chansky, Administrative Director Veterans Voices Writing Project, Inc. 406 West 34th Street, Suite 103 Kansas City, MO 64111-3043 Phone: (816) 701-6844 Hours: Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Email: email@example.com Online: www.veteransvoices.org
Media Copy of Veterans’ Voices Magazine: A copy of Veterans’ Voices magazine is available to the media at no charge. Contact Pris Chansky for a hard copy at firstname.lastname@example.org or go online at www.veteransvoices.org.
Additional Information Attached:
- Program of Events for VVWP’s 54th Annual Veterans’ Pen Celebration and Fundraiser, Saturday, Nov. 18, from 2-4 p.m. at the National World War I Museum.
- Why I Write by Dr. Jon Kerstetter, who chronicles the events of his long course of recovery from combat injuries and a stroke that ultimately led to his recent
- Jon Kerstetter’s Photo: Credit Nicole Kerstetter